March 30th & 31st | OC & LA
Free DeLorean events are always Fun!
Want some face-time with other DeLorean owners to trade notes, learn new things about our cars, and just connect with others in the ‘family’? Then join us at the DeLorean Spring Fling 2018 on Friday, March 30th, and Saturday March 31st in OC and LA.
You need not decide anything in advance! Even if you’re just thinking about going, RSVP and we’ll send you a couple of reminders over the next couple of months. Remember, the event is FREE, you only pay for your food when we’re at restaurants.
So, get your DeLorean out of the garage and come join other owners to share some tech-tips, good conversation, and tasty food!
- Friday, 3/30 | 2p-8p: Potluck and Hang Out
- Saturday, 3/31 | 10a-11a: Visit DMC
- Saturday, 3/31 | Noon-1:30p: Lunch at El Torito
- Saturday, 3/31 | 1:30p-5p: Santa Monica Museum of Flying
- Saturday, 3/31 | 5:30p: Santa Monica Pier and Dinner
* DELOREAN OWNERS ONLY on Friday *
Friday, March 30th, 2018
2p – 8p: Potluck dinner in Garden Grove
This event is for DELOREAN OWNERS ONLY
- Meet at [RSVP for location details*], where there’s ample street and driveway parking, patio, good seating, and comfortable space.
- This will be a chance to just sit, talk, and hang out.
- Everyone brings food for you +2 for a buffet-style dinner (View the current potluck sign-up list here – then click here to sign up here to bring a potluck item)
- The closest grocery store near the potluck location is Vons at 11861 Valley View St, Garden Grove, CA 92845
- At ~8p some people may want to caravan the DeLoreans to the local movie theater (Regal Cinemas Garden Grove 16) to watch the movie “Ready Player One“, which features a DeLorean. PLUS, it’s opening night for the movie!
- Exact showtimes will be posted here when they are available.
- NOTE: I talked to the local theater manager, AND the property management company, and was told that they are not willing to reserve any parking spots for our DeLoreans. This is unfortunate, but we’ll survive.
- Hard-out by 9p so our hosts aren’t up all night hosting people.
- The next morning, we’ll meet at DMC California.
*Location will be sent out via email on March 29th. OR, people can call Dave Tavres at (949) 459-3283 the day-of.
- 10a – Meet at DMC California, get a tour from Danny, mingle and talk.
- Hard-out at 11a so we can get to Santa Monica by noon for lunch.
- 11a – Leave DMC California
- From Noon to 1:30, have lunch (Menu) and visit.
- Hard-out at 1:30p – Head to the Santa Monica Museum of Flying.
- 1:30 – Leave El Torito
- Caravan the DeLoreans to the Museum of Flying, and drive through the big hangar bay door to park INSIDE the Museum.
- Each DeLorean will get 2 passes to enter the Museum. Non-DeLorean drivers will need to pay the $10/pp admission fee.
- The Museum will promote that we’ll be there, so Museum visitors will get to see the cars as part of the exhibits.
- The Museum regularly hosts car shows inside, so they have good experience with this setup.
- Stanchions will be available to dissuade people from getting into open cars, so that we don’t need to sit with the cars the whole time.
- During our time at the Museum, owners will have access to the Douglas Aircraft Boardroom (2nd floor, round room), as a private space for owners to sit, visit, and overlook the museum (and the DeLoreans.)
- Before we leave the Museum, we’ll take a group photo (inside, or out front, depending on what people want to do.)
- 5p – Leave the Museum and drive to the Santa Monica Pier.
Saturday, March 31, 2018
5:30p: Park on the Santa Monica Pier; dinner at Bubba Gump’s (301 Santa Monica Pier, Building 9, Santa Monica, CA 90401)
- 5p – Leave the Santa Monica Museum of Flying.
- We’ll caravan the DeLoreans to the end of Route 66 – the Santa Monica Pier (Map – 200 Santa Monica Pier A, Santa Monica)!
- There is a parking lot ON the Pier deck that holds over 250 cars, and a large parking lot right next to the Pier.
- Note: I went to Santa Monica City Hall to see about reserving parking, but they want $130 PER SPACE. So we won’t be getting any reserved spots.
- IF there isn’t enough parking ON the Pier deck, the large parking lot is just a couple minutes drive away.
- City parking is $3 per hour. There’s no parking validation by Bubba Gump’s (or pretty much any businesses in Santa Monica.)
- IF we get to park together on the Pier deck, we’ll take another group photo, enjoy the view of the ocean, then walk about 250ft to Bubba Gump’sfor dinner. (Menu)
And with that, is the end of the “DeLorean Spring Fling 2018“.